tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Apache Tomcat 6.0 loads blank page
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 15:45:53 GMT
zia mohades wrote:
[...]

> 1) for the connector port I have commented out one of them actually, so only
> two of them are active these ones:
>
>  <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>               connectionTimeout="20000"
>               redirectPort="8443" />
>    <!-- A "Connector" using the shared thread pool-->
>

>    <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
>               maxThreads="150" scheme="https" secure="true"
>               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />

I'll let someone else comment definitely on the above, but in my
understanding this is a no-no, and I don't understand how it could work.
You should not have two connectors listening on the same port, and both
above are listening on port 8080.  The second one should probably have
port="8443" instead of port="8080".
You must have modified it yourself, because it probably did not come
this way in your original server.xml file.

> 2)  for the LiveHttpHeader,I just tried it again. and now it works in fact
> this is what I get:
[...]
Allright, that is more logical.  So now you have a tool to check what a
server is sending to your browser, even if the page looks blank in the
browser.

> 3) however now i have a new problem: for some reason my html page doesn't
> communicate with the cgi file.
> "hesearch.html" in /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/mms_test , doesn't communicate
> with the cgi program test.cgi located in /usr/local/tomcat/bin.
> hesearch.html contains a button which when it is pushed it accesses the
> test.cgi which executes other programs. However when i push that button , i
> get this error:
>
> " HTTP Status 404 - /bin/test.cgi

For the above, I suggest that you start by reading this :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cgi-howto.html
Read it really well, follow the instructions, and then post again with a
separate new subject about cgi if you still have a problem.