tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kirk True <k...@mustardgrain.com>
Subject Re: failed ActiveMQ hangs tomcat
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 05:12:26 GMT
Hi Adam,

AD wrote:
> actually i think i did notice failover() with only 1 address in
> non-prod.  I think the reason that was there was some config
> templating issue.
>
> Are you saying if you remove the failover and just go straight in this
> might resolve it?
>
> Will give it a shot

Failover is great if you have another server to which to fail over ;)
But if there's only the one, it'll hang. However, there are some backoff
settings that can be adjusted so it shouldn't hang /forever/, but
possibly for many minutes.

So, removing failover will change it to 'fail fast' behavior. Of course
it won't fix the core issue of the JMS server being down :\

Kirk