tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yuval Perlov <yu...@r-u-on.com>
Subject Re: Apache/mod_jk serves random files from tomcat
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:44:57 GMT
We started restarting apache on a regular basis but if a user is in
mid request (consider a user that just filled a big form and is
upload a file).

I moved all static content to apache so tomcat is now only delivering
the actual jsp file. The result was that the mix up took longer to
appear, however when it did USERS STARTED SEEING EACH OTHERS DATA!!!
(before that, the mixup was usually with images etc just because
there are more of them).

I am actually amazed that this can even happen in such a mature
version and that such a small number of us are experiencing it. This
is slowly killing our project. Trying to move to proxy_ajp did not
help which makes the whole thing even more mysterious - these are two
separate code bases, no? (BTW - are mod_jk developers reading this?)

We are contemplating two approaches:
1) moving to proxy_http. My only concern is that this won't help -
maybe the problem is unrelated to AJP? Upgrading has helped some
users but not all and the problem exists in both mod_jk and proxy_ajp.
2) getting rid of apache and moving tomcat to the front (much harder
to configure but ensures we are rid of this problem).

Any Thoughts?

Regards,
Yuval Perlov

On Feb 5, 2009, at 11:27 PM, LukeK wrote:

JohnHardin wrote:

> * Have others (that now seem to be "fixed") gotten things to work by
> updating to the latest mod_jk (1.2.27)?

I suspect that it's related to 1.2.27 - I have been playing around with
older versions. .24 and .25 have had issues forwarding certain request
headers, but so far .26 seems to be working OK.

Is periodically restarting apache a suitable (if not hackish) work-
around
until we can get our production environment upgraded?

That'd be my fallback position.

Cheers!

Luke