tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kees Jan Koster <kjkos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to exclude some classes to being serialized in sharing session with clustered tomcats?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:31:30 GMT
Dear Stanimir,

> How to exclude some classes to being serialized in sharing session
> with
> clustered tomcats?
> I`m using hibernate, spring, java mail, apache commons dbcp, pool ...
> and to serialize/deserialize sessions all the classes must implement
> Serializable (or Externalizable), and I think that it`s not a solution
> to correct all classes I use in all APIs. And why the application
> scope
> beans are serialized too?

They are probably referenced from objects in your sessions. Please
read up on the Serializable and Externalizable interfaces and Java's
transient keyword.
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe
so full of wonders,
they have managed to invent boredom. Quite astonishing... -- Terry
Pratchett