tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony J. Biacco" <abia...@formatdynamics.com>
Subject RE: jsvc degrades performance in production
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 16:04:31 GMT
In my experience using jsvc with a non-root user, you can't provide the -server argument. I
tried it, because I too also thought I was running -clients, and even though it doesn't say
it (unless you turn on debugging to see the actual processed startup switches), jsvc will
use the server jvm (if it finds it, that is), by default.
I forget what the debug switches are for this though, sorry.

-Tony
---------------------------
Manager, IT Operations
Format Dynamics, Inc.
303-573-1800x27
abiacco@formatdynamics.com
http://www.formatdynamics.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Stavrinides [mailto:P.Stavrinides@albourne.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2009 2:53 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: jsvc degrades performance in production

Hi,

I have read about similar issues in some old posts, and it appears to be related to the compilation
of jsvc, you need to make sure it points to your JDK. Check what parameters you use when building
jsvc. What version of Java are you using? its also possible that its picking up a jvm that
does not support the -server argument. You can configure it with ./configure -java=/path/to/jdk/
.

good luck,
Peter