tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject Tomcat 4.1 security container
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:49:59 GMT
Hello, TC developers and users,
 
I have an interesting issue with my setup to my Oracle connection. I've
been using DBCP for some time in my configuration.
Recently, our Oracle DBAs reassigned the IP address of the server.
Where I show oraservername in my param attribute, I previously ran the
IP address, 192.188.55.553 (e.g.).
FYI, I am running TC 4.1.31 on a Win2K box, using Oracle 10g.
 
In my server.xml file, I have the following:
 
------------------------------
 <Resource name="jdbc/myoracle" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/> 
 
 <ResourceParams name="jdbc/myoracle">
   <parameter>
     <name>factory</name>
     <value>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>driverClassName</name>
     <value>oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>url</name>
     <value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@oraservername:1526:CWOPS</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>username</name>
     <value>user_name</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>password</name>
     <value>pass_word</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>maxActive</name>
     <value>125</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>maxIdle</name>
     <value>15</value>
   </parameter>
   <parameter>
     <name>maxWait</name>
     <value>7000</value>
   </parameter>
 <parameter>
 <name>removeAbandoned</name>
 <value>true</value>
 </parameter>
 <parameter>
 <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
 <value>30</value>
 </parameter>
 <parameter>
 <name>logAbandoned</name>
 <value>true</value>
 </parameter>

 <parameter>
 <name>minEvictableIdleTimeMillis</name>
 <value>5000</value>
 </parameter>
  <!-- added by BP - per Daniel Stephens email ref-->
 <parameter>
 <name>timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis</name>
 <value>10000</value>
 </parameter>
  <parameter>
  <name>testWhileIdle</name>
  <value>true</value>
  </parameter>
 
 </ResourceParams>
 
------------------------------
 
 
Ok, on my desktop/dev environment, I can connect with this and hit the
data I am trying to query, no problem. The problem I am running into is
when I try to log in, the security container doesn't want to seem to
work. Could this be due to any kind of DB caching from Oracle?
Would I need to clean out the work folder or subfolders? 
 
I've tried altering some servlets and recompiling them, and while it
redeploys the war file, some old connection or rather something cached
that tries to use the old connection, or specs to the old connection,
seems to be getting referenced.
 
I am stumped on this, as it appears I can hit items outside the security
container, just not in them.
 
If anyone knows what could be causing this, I welcome any feedback, and
let me know if I need to supply any other background regarding this.
 
I did check the catalina output log and it shows this:
======================================================
2009-02-10 10:22:34 JDBCRealm[Standalone]: Exception performing
authentication
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not
establish the connection
 at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
 at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:179)
 at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:334)
 at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:418)
 at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.getConnectionInstance(OracleDriver.java:
521)
 at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:325)
 at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.open(JDBCRealm.java:598)
 at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.authenticate(JDBCRealm.java:343)
 at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator.authenticate(FormAut
henticator.java:227)
 at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authenticator
Base.java:432)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.i
nvokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:4
33)
==========================================================
Not sure though why I get this for the login failure, when the previous
attempt will work ok.
 
Regards,
 
Barry Propes
Citimortgage, Inc.
Workflow Enhancements
(972)657-1128
 

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message