tomcat-users mailing list archives

From János Löbb <janos.l...@yale.edu>
Subject Re: mod_jk not working as expected - is there a bug??
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:50:55 GMT
I am not sure the stickiness should be attached to the tc worker.  I
would rather do it for the the real workers level, that is at
appfe[1234].

Consider also

worker.appfe[1234].sticky_session_force = False

for each appfe[1234] worker.

János

On Feb 24, 2009, at 8:47 PM, Mohit Anchlia wrote:

> [...]
> worker.appfe1.recycle_timeout=900
>
> # Refererence BHP Apache tuning guide before uncomment the following
> line. The unit of reply_timeout is millisecond.
> #worker.appfe1.reply_timeout=0
>
> # appfe2
> worker.appfe2.type=ajp13
> worker.appfe2.port=8009
> worker.appfe2.host=appfe2
> worker.appfe2.socket_timeout=5
> worker.appfe2.socket_keepalive=true
> worker.appfe2.prepost_timeout=5
> worker.appfe2.connect_timeout=5000
> worker.appfe2.retries=3
> worker.appfe2.recycle_timeout=900
>
> # Refererence BHP Apache tuning guide before uncomment the following
> line. The unit of reply_timeout is millisecond.
> #worker.appfe2.reply_timeout=0
>
> # appfe3
> worker.appfe3.type=ajp13
> worker.appfe3.port=8009
> worker.appfe3.host=appfe3
> worker.appfe3.socket_timeout=5
> worker.appfe3.socket_keepalive=true
> worker.appfe3.prepost_timeout=5
> worker.appfe3.connect_timeout=5000
> worker.appfe3.retries=3
> worker.appfe3.recycle_timeout=900
>
> # Refererence BHP Apache tuning guide before uncomment the following
> line. The unit of reply_timeout is millisecond.
> #worker.appfe3.reply_timeout=0
>
> # appfe4
> worker.appfe4.type=ajp13
> worker.appfe4.port=8009
> worker.appfe4.host=appfe4
> worker.appfe4.socket_timeout=5
> worker.appfe4.socket_keepalive=true
> worker.appfe4.prepost_timeout=5
> worker.appfe4.connect_timeout=5000
> worker.appfe4.retries=3
> worker.appfe4.recycle_timeout=900
>
> # Refererence BHP Apache tuning guide before uncomment the following
> line. The unit of reply_timeout is millisecond.
> #worker.appfe4.reply_timeout=0
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Rainer Jung
> <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
>> On 25.02.2009 00:00, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
>>>
>>> Reposting:
>>>
>>> Apache Server - 2.2
>>> Tomcat server 6
>>> Jboss - 4.2
>>>
>>> We have Web Servers talking to Jboss App Servers over mod_jk. When
>>> we
>>> do our patch or upgrade of software we do it in rolling fashion so
>>> that there is "0" customer impact. But it looks like mod_jk load
>>> balancer on Web server doesn't detect it as soon as Jboss App Server
>>> goes down. Our goal is to have 0 customer impact. So my question is
>>> what can we do to overcome this problem. Web Server sees Http Error
>>> Code 503.
>>>
>>> Information from log file:
>>>
>>> [Mon Feb 23 13:39:42.146 2009] [31682:4143745888] [error]
>>> ajp_connection_tcp_get_message::jk_ajp_common.c (966): (appfe4)
>>> can't
>>> receive the response message from tomcat, network problems or tomcat
>>> (10.10.81.89:8009) is down (errno=104)
>>> [Mon Feb 23 13:39:42.147 2009] [31682:4143745888] [error]
>>> ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (2097): (appfe4) Connecting to tomcat
>>> failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong