tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Long <kord...@gmail.com>
Subject Can Tomcat accomplish this?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 19:19:18 GMT
Hello:

I was just wondering if Tomcat is able to do something similar to what I've
described below.  If not, does anyone have any recommendations on a Web
Server that can?

I'm attempting to find a web server that can basically act as a hub.  Say if
someone attempts to send a SOAP request to http://1.1.1.1/message1 it will
redirect the message to the appropriate tool to handle it, whether it be a
Java program or maybe even another web server.  This next part is optional,
but ideal.  After the message is passed off to the appropriate handler, the
web server then waits for the response and will then forward it to the
original sender.

So does anyone know if Tomcat is able to handle this, or of any other web
server (open source) that can?

Thanks,

Chris Long