tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Srinivas Jonnalagadda <sarinivas7...@earthlink.net>
Subject 403 access denied on unix machine for administration web application
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:23:03 GMT
Hi,

I am getting the "Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden" when i try to access
as http://192.168.0.10:8080/admin/. the admin app is deployed on a solaris machine with tomcat
5.5.9 communicationg with Apache HTTP Server and using mod_jk connector. I copied admin.xml
to /apps/opt/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/conf/Catalina/localhost. Undommented the tag and
added allow 192.168.0.10 after 127.0.0.1. Copied the admin directory to /apps/opt/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/server/webapps.
Also i have the admin role with permission in the tomcat-users.xml fil. The http://192.168.0.10:8080/manager/html/
works perfectly though. Also though i am not using mod_jk and apache http server on a Windows
machine the Tomcat Administartion web application works perfectly. I changed the permissions
to admin directory and also sub directories on the solaris machine with chmod 777. Still i
get the access forbidden error.

Any help as how to solve this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Srinivas Jonnalagadda