tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marilyn Daum <>
Subject Tomcat 6 does not remove
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:58:34 GMT

We just upgraded from Tomcat 5.5.23 to Tomcat 6.0.18.  After the upgrade, our
shutdown script hangs, waiting for removal of the pid file.  I compared the scripts, and noticed that the Tomcat 6 version does contain the
"rm -f $CATALINA_BASE/" command.  A quick search of the release
notes turned up nothing on pid changes.  Any comments on why this was
removed?  For the time being, I'll explicitly add this rm command to our script.  Other suggestions are welcom.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message