tomcat-users mailing list archives

From gmail_ber <berh...@gmail.com>
Subject ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:50:28 GMT

Hi all
A colleague has set up a web app via https using tomcat on a server that I
have access to.  When I try to access the web app via a browser (Firefox 3)
from my own PC or from a browser (IE) on the server running the web app, I
get an "ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert" error.

Something else to note: I can access other web apps running on that same
Tomcat on that same server (via https), but I just cannot access the one my
colleage added.  He's on a week's leave as of today and I really need to
access this web app!

My question: how can i get the needed certificate to access this web app
from my PC (bearing in mind that I have access to the server running Tomcat
and the web app).  Can I check somewhere in the Tomcat conf directory or the
webapp's directory for security settings or can I somehow export the
certificate from the server and import it on my own PC?

Thanks in advance.