tomcat-users mailing list archives

From thomas2004 <thomas200...@yahoo.de>
Subject LifecycleException: No UserDatabase component found under key UserDatabase by Tomcat 6
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:15:46 GMT

Hi all,

I used to set the global data resource in <GlobalNamingResources/> in Tomcat
5 as follow:

		<Resource auth="Container" driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
			maxActive="20" maxIdle="10" maxWait="-1" name="jdbc/MyDataSource"
			password="mypwd" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
			url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname:1521:MT"
			username="sa" />

Since I use the Tomcat6, I got problem.

I read from internet that one has to add the following code in
/conf/context.xml,

	<ResourceLink name="jdbc/MyDataSource" global="jdbc/MyDataSource"
		type="javax.sql.DataSource" />

but it doesn't help and I got excpetion "LifecycleException:  No
UserDatabase component found under key UserDatabase".

I have to move the <Resource/> into the <Context/>, so it works. But in this
way, the dataresource is not global resource anymore.

Has someone idea?