tomcat-users mailing list archives

From trames <tim.a...@promedica.org>
Subject Resource JDBC connection pooling USING LDAP
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:02:22 GMT

I have found lot of examples on how to set up JDBC connection pooling using
the <resource> tags in context.xml.

My goal is to NOT embed the database connection user name, password, or even
server url like it is shown below.   I have the ApacheDS LDAP server set up,
and would like to retrieve the credentials/server from that.

Is there a way to get the entire URL string from LDAP? Is there some other
way to do what I would like to do? Would I have to write my own Resource
Factory?

<Resource name="jdbc/facdir" auth="Container"
 type="javax.sql.DataSource"
 maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
 validationQuery="Select 1" testOnBorrow="true"
timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="60000"
 minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="60000"
 driverClassName="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"

url="jdbc:sqlserver://MYSERVER\\INSTANCE;DatabaseName=MYDBNAME;User=auser;Password=apassword;selectMethod=direct"
  />