tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Angelo Chen <>
Subject Problem enabling manager for virtual host
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 14:04:04 GMT

I can access my tomcat manager with this:

now I'd like to have manager enabled too in a virtual host,, I put a manager.xml under:

but I can't start it by:

it has following errors, any idea what I'm missing here? thanks

INFO: Container
has not been started

Feb 8, 2009 5:49:18 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
SEVERE: Error starting static Resources
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base
/usr/local/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/webapps/manager/html does not exist or is
not a readable directory

here is my manager.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context path="/manager" debug="0" privileged="true"

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message