tomcat-users mailing list archives

From peterramesh <ramesh.ramas...@gmail.com>
Subject Why tomcat 6.0.18 looks for MySQL JDBC driver to be placed in CATALINA_HOME/lib folder?
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 12:06:34 GMT

Hi,

On reading Tomcat help doc
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html, it
recommends to place the MySQL  JDBC driver in both places (CATALINA_HOME/lib
and WEB-INF/lib folder of the app).

If I haven't placed in CATALINA_HOME/lib folder, my app is failing with
driver not found error. I'm puzzled with..

1. Why Tomcat look for the JDBC jar to be in CATALINA_HOME/lib folder?
2. If I copied more than one JDBC jars (with different version) in
CATALINA_HOME/lib folder for couple of my applications, how each of them
looks for the respective versions of JDBC driver?

Thanks,
Ramesh