tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Döbel" <Christian.Doe...@gmx.de>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 and Windows Vista x64
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:35:38 GMT
Hello together,

I'm trying to use Tomcat 5.5 together with Windows Vista x64. Firstly I downloaded and installed
Java JDK 1.5.0 and JRE 1.4.2. After doing that I got Apache Tomcat 5.5 from the server and
installed this as well. Tomcat Monitor is starting but localhost:8080 was not found (in server.xml
this localhost is named). On my x32 system (Windows Vista) everything is running fine. Do
you know what I have to change?

After that I tried the x64 versions of tomcat5.exe and tomcat5w.exe. These are not running
at all. Do you know why?

Thanks

Christian