tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank D. Greco" <fgr...@crossroadstech.com>
Subject RE: accepting requests from outside the host?
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2009 04:13:03 GMT

> > I can't telnet or ping.  Our ISP sysadmin disabled those on
> > the firewall.
>
>Nice guy.

         He said it was a security precaution.  Actually I don't
         blame him.

> > Someone else said I need to bind it to the ipaddr of the box
> > (OpenSolaris btw), but I'm not sure how to do that.
>
>Set the address attribute of your <Connector> element(s) in
>conf/server.xml to the desired IP address:
>http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html

         Ah... I see what the problem was.

         I had the <Server> port set to 8080 but the <Connector> port
         was still set to 80.  Once I set the Connector port to 8080,
         I got in.

         Thanks for your help Chuck!  I owe you one.

         Frank G.
--
| Crossroads Technologies Inc.                 |