tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yuval Perlov <yu...@r-u-on.com>
Subject Re: Apache/mod_jk serves random files from tomcat
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:48:56 GMT
Is APR part of tomcat or apache? If I am running on linux and have
no .so files in my tomcat directory does that mean I have no APR
installed?

On a more positive note, we switched to proxy_http (after making the
necessary code changes) and everything works now - no more mixed
content.

Of course we lost a lot of necessary functionality:
1. request.isSecure() doesn't work
2. we don't know the server name we are hit with (since it is "hard
coded" in httpd.conf)
3. we have no access to the source IP (for geo location)
4. We had to some make all  client redirection code use the full URL
with the server name - turns out client redirect uses the server name
from the request so it tries to hit the 8080 port (tomcat) instead of
80 (httpd).

BTW - Am I the only one that is seriously worried that this kind of
problem can even exist on a platform of this maturity?

Yuval Perlov
www.r-u-on.com

On Feb 17, 2009, at 1:38 AM, dave smith wrote:

Sorry for not providing an update sooner.  I disabled the APR and the
problem went away.