tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Gerhardus.Geldenh...@gta-travel.com>
Subject RE: AJP vs HTTP connectors?
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:42:34 GMT

We have also been very happy with modjk and it has always just worked for us. It allows us
a lot of configuration flexibility as well as the ability to programmatically stop start load
balancer worker members via the web interface. I have utilized this to write a deployment
script that disables a node while upgrading it giving us zero downtime and zero errors.

On a good day we process about 7M transactions on one of our clusters and modjk works don't
even break a sweat under this volume. CPU usage is also so low as to be legible on the apache
host.

I believe modjk is also the recommended connector by JBoss for JBoss-Apachehttpd interaction.

The support on the list is excellent.

Regards