tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edoardo Panfili <edoa...@aspix.it>
Subject Re: Fwd: J2EE on Mac
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 07:53:19 GMT
Mighty Tornado ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Tomcat on my mac OS X and it's running. I also have Eclipse
> Europa. Now I don't think I have J2EE installed - How do I do it?
You can download different eclipse packages, "Eclipse IDE for Java EE
Developers" is more comfortable.

> I went to Sun's website and it gave me an archive with GlassFish which I
> don't need.
> Can somebody please tell me where I can download the latest J2EE for Mac?
Seems also to me that is necessary to download all the bundle. You can
download it and don't use glassfish.

> What I need to do to compile servlets with it in Eclipse?
You don't need J2EE to develope servelts undex OS X, simply insert (in
any way, IE: right-click on you project, select properties, in java
build path, libraries) jsp-api.jar and servlet-api.jat that you can find
in lib folder inside tomcat installation.

If you are building a new project, I think you can use "Dynamic Web
Project" in "Web" Category.