tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edoardo Panfili <edoa...@aspix.it>
Subject Re: How to close open connections after application stop?
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2009 15:54:54 GMT
Martin Gainty ha scritto:

> javax.sql.DataSource
> dataSource ;
> java.sql.Connection connection;
> java.sql.Statement statement;
> java.sqlResultset resultSet;
> code..
>
> try{
>      connection = dataSource.getConnection();
>      statement = connection.prepareStatement("SELECT FU FROM BAR");
>      resultSet = statement.executeQuery();
> }
> catch (SQLException sqlEx)
> {
>   try
>   {
>     resultset.close();
>     statement.close();
>     connection.close();
>   }
>   catch(java.sql.SQLException excp)
>   {
>     log.debug("A SQLException has been produced another Exception on resultset/statement/connection
was produced where the message="=excp.getMessage());
>   }
> }
> catch (Exception ex)
> {
>   try
>   {
>     resultset.close();
>     statement.close();
>     connection.close();
>   }
>   catch(java.sql.SQLException excp)
>   {
>     log.debug("A General Exception has been produced another SQLException on
>          resultset/statement/connection was produced where the
>          message="=excp.getMessage());
>     }
>   }
>   catch(java.sql.SQLException excp)
>   {
>     log.debug("SQLException on resultset/statement/connection close message="=excp.getMessage());
>   }
> }
> finally
> {
>   try
>   {
>     resultset.close();
>     statement.close();
>     connection.close();
>   }
>   catch(java.sql.SQLException excp)
>   {
>     log.debug("Exception on resultset/statement/connection close message="=excp.getMessage());
>   }
> } //end finally..

I have
   resultset.close();
   statement.close();
   connection.close();
in my code.

and
   connection = dataSource.getConnection();
seems very close to my
   ambiente = (Context) new InitialContext().lookup("java:comp/env");
   pool = (DataSource) ambiente.lookup("jdbc/myApp);
   Connection conn = pool.getConnection();
there are a lot of debug information in my code and seems that nothing
is going wrong (no exceptions).

but... if you post that it means that I am doing something wrong.

Edoardo