tomcat-users mailing list archives

From hevo...@free.fr
Subject Re: Using SSL tomcat
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:33:41 GMT
Done !

Thanks you very much, it's work fine now.
No, i'm not using APR, that's why, it doesn't work before.
You're my saviour Charles.

To ending my setup.
Do you know how to redirect the http client on https?

Thanks again,

Kings regards,

Hevoila

----- Mail Original -----
De: "Charles R Caldarale" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
À: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Envoyé: Mercredi 25 Février 2009 17:39:45 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne / Rome /
Stockholm / Vienne
Objet: RE: Using SSL tomcat

> From: hevoila@free.fr [mailto:hevoila@free.fr]
> Subject: Re: Using SSL tomcat
>
> I don't understand why i have an
> WARNING: A docBase D:\tomcat\webapps\mywebapp inside the host
> appBase has been specified

Because you have specified attributes that are not allowed in your <Context> element.

> In my web application mywebapp.xml i've defined a context :
> <Context path="/mywebapp" docBase="mywebapp" debug="99"
> reloadable="true" ...

Assuming your <Context> element is in conf/Catalina/[host]/mywebapp.xml, then you should
remove both the path and docBase attributes; they're not allowed.

>         <Connector port="443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
>                maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
> maxSpareThreads="75"
>                enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
>                acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
>                clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
>                            keystoreFile="D:\myfolder\mycert.keystore"
>                            keystorePass="xxxxxx" />

Are you using APR?  (If you have tcnative-1.dll in the Tomcat bin directory, you are.)  The
SSL config is very different when APR is employed:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/apr.html#HTTPS

If you want to stick with the pure Java SSL handling, delete or rename the .dll file.

>                 <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
>        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>        xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>                                 <%
>                             HashMap map =
> (HashMap)session.getAttribute("map");
>                             map.put("key","value");
>                             %>
>       </Host>

What is that HashMap junk doing in you server.xml file?

 - Chuck