tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ray Holme <>
Subject tomcat 5 and the JVM
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 12:59:38 GMT
I run tomcat 6 on Linux and have multiple applications in development
mode. From my testing I have discovered that a Java bean shared by all
applications and with ALL methods as static SEEMS to have  a separate
instance for each appliction - i.e.

   getDebugLevel() returns 0 from the 2nd application
                   even if the first has set it to 100

This is useful but contrary to what I would expect. I would expect one
JVM for all applications. If there is one per application, that too is
cool, but it means that each application must do a

occasionally and that this routine cannot be done once for all.

So, does someone know for sure - one JVM per Tomcat OR one JVM per app??

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message