tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6 catalina.sh does not remove tomcat.pid
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:32:22 GMT
> From: Marilyn Daum [mailto:mdaum@fireapps.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 6 catalina.sh does not remove tomcat.pid
>
> I compared the catalina.sh scripts, and noticed that the
> Tomcat 6 version does contain the
> "rm -f $CATALINA_BASE/tomcat.pid" command.

Did you leave the word "not" out of the above sentence?  It doesn't seem to make sense otherwise.

Note that none of the Tomcat releases I have on hand at the moment (5.5.23, 5.5.26, 6.0.16,
6.0.18) contain such an rm command in any of their scripts; I suspect you added it to your
5.5 at some point in the past, or you're running a 3rd-party repackaged version of 5.5.

 - Chuck