tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Using SSL tomcat
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:39:45 GMT
> From: hevoila@free.fr [mailto:hevoila@free.fr]
> Subject: Re: Using SSL tomcat
>
> I don't understand why i have an
> WARNING: A docBase D:\tomcat\webapps\mywebapp inside the host
> appBase has been specified

Because you have specified attributes that are not allowed in your <Context> element.

> In my web application mywebapp.xml i've defined a context :
> <Context path="/mywebapp" docBase="mywebapp" debug="99"
> reloadable="true" ...

Assuming your <Context> element is in conf/Catalina/[host]/mywebapp.xml, then you should
remove both the path and docBase attributes; they're not allowed.

>         <Connector port="443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
>                maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
> maxSpareThreads="75"
>                enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
>                acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
>                clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
>                            keystoreFile="D:\myfolder\mycert.keystore"
>                            keystorePass="xxxxxx" />

Are you using APR?  (If you have tcnative-1.dll in the Tomcat bin directory, you are.)  The
SSL config is very different when APR is employed:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/apr.html#HTTPS

If you want to stick with the pure Java SSL handling, delete or rename the .dll file.

>                 <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
>        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>        xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>                                 <%
>                             HashMap map =
> (HashMap)session.getAttribute("map");
>                             map.put("key","value");
>                             %>
>       </Host>

What is that HashMap junk doing in you server.xml file?

 - Chuck