tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: MS Windowas Vista can't open WAR files
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2009 15:37:43 GMT
> From: Isaac Oren [mailto:isaacoren@yahoo.com]
> Subject: MS Windowas Vista can't open WAR files
>
> I have downloaded a WAR file into a Vista machine, but the OS
> can't open the file as it does with normal ZIPed files

Use WinZip or the jar utility from the JDK if you want to look inside the .war file.

> placing the WAR file as is in the webapp directory and try to
> access it doesn't work..

There's no error message in Tomcat that says "doesn't work"; if you really want help, be specific
about the errors you're seeing.

> is there something I need to do for special for Vista 9Tomca 5.5)

Proofread before hitting the send button?

No, Tomcat 5.5 and 6.0 work fine on Vista.  What JRE/JDK do you have installed?  What's in
the Tomcat logs?

 - Chuck