tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: very slow class loading on initial JSP/servlet request afterrestart
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 15:48:04 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: very slow class loading on initial JSP/servlet
> request afterrestart
>
> Does that mean that possibly 8 threads (or more) are all
> (rather busily) waiting for something in relation to some
> initialisation in the (rather suspect) classes belonging
> to that webapp ?

Not busily, no.  They may be waiting, but Java makes it difficult (not impossible) to spin
on a condition; we would also see that behavior on the other systems.  Chris' speculation
of DNS timeouts due to improper TCP/IP configuration on this one server is still the most
likely cause, pending more information from the OP.

 - Chuck