tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Getting the tomcat server IP
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 03:03:15 GMT
> From: Natalie Forood [mailto:nforood@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Re: Getting the tomcat server IP
>
> After it is running we want to find out the IP address that
> Tomcat is using.  If the server has multiple Ethernet
> interfaces, we cannot determine which IP is the one that is
> used by Tomcat.

It will normally be using *all* of them; a client should be able to connect to Tomcat on any
of the IP addresses configured for the server, using whichever port is in your <Connector>
element.

> (see attachment).

Attachments are frequently filtered out by the mailing list server, as yours was.

> I am hoping that some Tomcat conf file has this

You can configure which IP address a <Connector> should use in conf/server.xml; if you've
left it at the default, Tomcat uses 0.0.0.0, which means the specified port (8080, by default)
on all available IP addresses.

After Tomcat starts you can use netstat -a to list the IP/port combinations currently in use;
look for the port(s) you have configured for Tomcat.  (This works on Windows or Linux.)

 - Chuck