tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: accepting requests from outside the host?
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 18:13:37 GMT
> From: Frank D. Greco [mailto:fgreco@crossroadstech.com]
> Subject: RE: accepting requests from outside the host?
>
> I took a look at the tomcat process on my box and it has this:
>          sockname: AF_INET6 ::ffff:127.0.0.1  port: 8080

That's not pretty.  Must be some odd rules in place here (besides the IPv6).  Is IPv4 disabled
on this box?  The current JVM levels can't run IPv6 only.

> I can't telnet or ping.  Our ISP sysadmin disabled those on
> the firewall.

Nice guy.

> Someone else said I need to bind it to the ipaddr of the box
> (OpenSolaris btw), but I'm not sure how to do that.

Set the address attribute of your <Connector> element(s) in conf/server.xml to the desired
IP address:

What version of Tomcat are you using, and what JRE/JDK?

 - Chuck