tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: accepting requests from outside the host?
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 03:34:15 GMT
> From: Frank D. Greco [mailto:fgreco@crossroadstech.com]
> Subject: accepting requests from outside the host?
>
> Can someone pls point me in the right direction on
> how to configure tomcat to accept browser requests
> from outside the box?

No configuration necessary - unless you changed something in server.xml, Tomcat binds to 0.0.0.0,
so it listens on all IP addresses configured for the box it's running on.  There very likely
*is* a firewall blocking port 8080 somewhere between your browser and the Tomcat system -
it might even be on your XP box at home.

Can you reach the target system with a ping?

 - Chuck