tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: nio connector configuration
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 04:23:16 GMT
> From: Peter Warren [mailto:tomcat.subscription@gmail.com]
> Subject: nio connector configuration

I can't answer your real questions, but here's a bit for your minor ones.

> the acceptorThreadPriority and pollerThreadPriority are
> set using ints because I get the following warnings in the
> catalina log when trying to use the documented notation:

The documentation isn't meant to imply that you can use the symbolic name of a Java constant
in the .xml; the integer values are what's required.  The reference to java.lang.Thread is
there just to tell you where to look for the legal values.

> I also get the warning when trying to use keepAliveTimeout.
> Is this property available for the nio connector?

No; it's only listed under the older connector (the one labeled "Standard Implementation"
that then somewhat ambiguously refers to HTTP).

> '-Dorg.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorShared=false' did not find a
> matching property.

Works for me (at least I don't get any error message) on 6.0.18 running with JDK 6u12 on a
Vista 64 box; how are you setting the above property, and what are your running on?

 - Chuck