tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Clustering: Session replication
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:33:43 GMT
> From: Jorge Medina [mailto:jmedina@e-dialog.com]
> Subject: FW: Clustering: Session replication
>
> According to the Javadoc, InetAddress.getLocalHost() returns the
> loopback address.

No, it doesn't; the sentence in question reads:

"If the operation is not allowed, an InetAddress representing the loopback address is returned."

You seem to have ignored the first clause in the sentence.

InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress() gets me an external IP address on every system
I can find.

 - Chuck