tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Still trying to get Tomcat 6 to work
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:07:00 GMT
> From: michel [mailto:compukat@videotron.ca]
> Subject: Re: Still trying to get Tomcat 6 to work
>
> "Ah, looking in the qsys account, I can see what you're
> doing. You're trying to bind to port 8080 for the entire
> server, on top of everyone else's web servers!

So your Tomcat is sharing a non-virtualized server with other customers?  Scary - for both
you and them.  Somebody needs to teach your hosting service about virtualization...

I would change your shutdown string to something unique, to avoid accidental termination of
your Tomcat by some other party.

 - Chuck