tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How to set Tomcat JVM variables in registry for Tomcat 6.0.18?
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 21:36:10 GMT
> From: n1ght0w1 [mailto:hcoleman2@hotmail.com]
> Subject: How to set Tomcat JVM variables in registry for
> Tomcat 6.0.18?
>
> Can someone provide very specific details and
> or a screen shots on what the entries should be
> to disable STRICT_QUOTE_ESCAPING and also setting
> the -Xms256m -Xmx512m values as well.

Given the finickiness of this mailing list toward attachments, you likely won't be getting
many screen shots.  However, I would strongly recommend that you do *not* edit the registry
directly when manipulating the parameters.  Instead, use the Java tab of the tomcat6w.exe
program to change whatever you need.  It should be fairly obvious how to use it once it starts
up.  Note that there are separate areas for heap sizing vs other parameters.

 - Chuck