tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: configure tomcat to hide servlet and app
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 00:11:12 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: configure tomcat to hide servlet and app
>
> you have to delete the existing ROOT application, name
> yours "ROOT" and put it where the other one was.

That answered the how to hide the app part, but not the servlet.  To make any particular servlet
the default, you need to use a <servlet-mapping> in your webapp's WEB-INF/web.xml file
with a <url-pattern> of /* that points to the desired servlet.  Read the servlet spec
for details.

> Now, I must admit : I just looked at the Tomcat 6.0 on-line
> documentation, and that ROOT thing is not easy to find.
> I have not found it yet; not in the FAQ either.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/host.html#Automatic%20Application%20Deployment
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

 - Chuck