tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Management app start
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 01:51:57 GMT
> From: Hehl, Thomas [mailto:Thomas.Hehl@acs-inc.com]
> Subject: RE: Management app start
>
> Tomcat=6.0
> Java=1.6
> Redhat Linux 3.something.

> They brought up the management app and stopped the
> webapp, but cannot seem to get it started again.
> I had them e-mail the log, but no help.

Do you know what precisely was done via the Tomcat manager?

You say "the log", but there are numerous log files produced by Tomcat and various webapps;
you really need to look at pretty much all of them.

By any chance, does your webapp spawn extra threads, and not shut them down properly?  Does
it use any native libraries?

 - Chuck