tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: [OT] [Tomcat] [daemon] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError unable to createnew native thread
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 15:07:30 GMT
> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: Re: [OT] [Tomcat] [daemon]
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError unable to createnew native thread
>
> Assuming Chuck has an iPhone, which has 128MB of RAM

I do, but it's a 3G, with 16 GB of storage memory.  It appears that the 128MB of RAM was for
the previous generation, dissections of the new one show 512 MB chips installed.  Also, it
looks like all code has to fit inside the true RAM, but a portion of it is used as a paging
area for the data storage; consequently apps seem to have direct access to most of the 16
GB as a heap.  (But I'm not an iPhone developer, so the above is just hearsay.)

 - Chuck