tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: TC6 ${CATALINA_HOME}/conf/web.xml Is this the place to constrain the mime type?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 13:54:23 GMT
> From: Dave Pawson [mailto:dave.pawson@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: TC6 ${CATALINA_HOME}/conf/web.xml Is this the
> place to constrain the mime type?

> Is it TC 'configuration'  I'm saying config, since
> it provides response mime types, params etc.

Strictly speaking, it's not Tomcat configuration, but webapp configuration, since the elements
and values are defined by the servlet spec.  The term "Tomcat configuration" is normally limited
to those Tomcat-unique settings in files such as server.xml, catalina.properties, and context.xml.

> Question: Using your analogy of 'my-app' web.xml being
> used first, then falling back on 'all-apps' web.xml, can
> I add 'specials' in the list of mime type? I'm thinking
> of application/atom+xml

Yes.

 - Chuck