tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Fun with the JVM crashing.
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 04:54:47 GMT
> From: Bill Davidson [mailto:billdsd@gmail.com]
> Subject: Fun with the JVM crashing.

> I'm wondering if that CompileTask is what's causing the problem.

Only if that shows up repeatedly.

> I'm thinking that the JVM shouldn't be getting SIGSEGV's.

You're right about that.  However, it could also be an OS or hardware problem.  You might
want to run some serious memory tests on the box, just to eliminate the latter.  Does this
particular system use ECC memory, or just plain old parity-checking DIMMs?

You can also try either moving up to the recently released JDK 6u12, or dropping back to 6u7.
 Lots of changes went in at 6u10, and something might still be broken in there.  The C2 compiler
is an extremely complex beast.

 - Chuck