tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: servlet use. TC6, FC10
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 16:12:22 GMT
> From: Dave Pawson [mailto:dave.pawson@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: servlet use. TC6, FC10
>
> Thanks Chaz. Now works.

That was Gregor, not me, that gave you the answer.  (Our corporate e-mail server hasn't passed
your previous message through yet - must be a Homeland Security thing. :-)

> Are you going to tell me why please?

Servlet mappings are relative to the context (webapp) part of the URL, not the host part.
 That allows the webapp to be deployed under any name you want without changing the web.xml
settings.

 - Chuck