tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: servlet use. TC6, FC10
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 14:48:37 GMT
> From: Dave Pawson [mailto:dave.pawson@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: servlet use. TC6, FC10
>
> Note my response to Gregors questions about uname -n?
> Were I to use this method would the 'path' then be
>
> $CATALINA_BASE/conf/Cataline/localhost/atom/atom.xml
>
> for my {}/webapps/atom  'webapp'

No; if you need one at all, it should be conf/Catalina/localhost/atom.xml (and watch your
spelling), assuming you have not modified anything in conf/server.xml.  However, since your
webapp is deployed under the webapps directory, a better location for the <Context>
element is META-INF/context.xml inside your webapp, so you don't have to keep track of separate
bits and pieces.

 - Chuck