tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: dbcp pool freezing
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 19:55:21 GMT
> From: news [mailto:news@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Eric B.
> Subject: Re: dbcp pool freezing

> Has there ever been any thought to doing abandoned
> connection tracking as a background thread, or was
> the current implementation decided upon to save on
> resources?

Don't know the history of commons-dbcp, but Filip H has a replacement connection pooling mechanism
that should be available Real Soon Now in Tomcat.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/modules/jdbc-pool/

Look at the doc directory for information about it.  There are at least a couple of people
on the list (not me, yet) who have tried it with good results, but it is brand new.

 - Chuck