tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Subcontext, filter problem.
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:44:52 GMT
> From: Yavuz Kavus [mailto:yavuzkavus@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Subcontext, filter problem.
>
> DefaultServlet caches content of files, length, content types etc.

I suspect the better performance of the DefaultServlet is related to its use of sendfile,
not its cache (which persists for only a few seconds).

> i think tomcat should serve resources, under others external
> directories, as a part of main app.

It does, by using the filter mechanism.

> i have serviced document archive(external dir) as a
> sperate context.

Instead of doing that, you could write your own DefaultServlet that subclasses the one provided
by Tomcat.  I think the only method you would have to override is getRelativePath().

Alternatively, you could create a softlink to the external directory.

 - Chuck