tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Subcontext, filter problem.
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:07:44 GMT
> From: Yavuz Kavus [mailto:yavuzkavus@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Subcontext, filter problem.
>
> apache-tomcat-6.0.16

There were some fixes for multi-level paths that went into 6.0.17.  If possible, install 6.0.18
from tomcat.apache.org and test with that level.

> my filters/servlets in main app's deployment descriptor,
> not called on external directory urls.

Nor should they be.  Webapps are, by definition, independent.  There's no such thing as a
"sub-context" in the servlet spec, so you can't expect Tomcat to implement such a concept.
 The filters for one webapp are completely separate from the filters for another.

You could replace your filter with a <Valve> at the <Host> level, and this would
be invoked for all URLs coming through that <Host>.  Valves are Tomcat-specific; don't
know if that's important to you.

 - Chuck