tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Thread dump analysis
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 15:19:20 GMT
> From: Pieter Temmerman [mailto:ptemmerman.ext@sadiel.es]
> Subject: Re: Thread dump analysis
>
> Now, I don't know why (since I'm a noob programmer), but it seems that
> the implementation of Xerces that is included in JDK6 is causing the
> application to hang.

Hmmm... could be a JVM bug, or might be a conflict with classes in your webapp.  Do you happen
to have some XML-related jars in your webapp or otherwise visible to that branch of the classloader
tree?  (I guess you answered that below.)

> Off-topic: is it discouraged to use TC6 with JDK5?

No, JDK5 works fine with Tomcat 6.  The newer JVM is a bit faster, in many cases.

> The problem might be reside in Xerces implementation or rather an
> incompatibility issue between JDK6 and XFire (I haven't found any
> indications for that).

It looks like XFire has been superseded by CXF; have you tried that?
http://xfire.codehaus.org/
http://cxf.apache.org/

 - Chuck