tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: dbcp pool freezing
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 19:41:26 GMT
> From: news [mailto:news@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Eric B.
> Subject: Re: dbcp pool freezing
>
> Then the question becomes why aren't they being returned at
> all?  My timeout is 20secs; I would expect, if the Abandon
> tracking was working properly for me, that the connections
> would be returned after 20secs to the pool, and another
> thread would be able to continue using it.

If, as I suspect, you have a loop somewhere in your webapp that keeps requesting connections,
each recovered connection would be consumed as soon as it's recovered.  The webapp logic would
use the connection briefly, then try to go back and grab another one, and wait up to 20 seconds
for the next connection recovery.

 - Chuck