tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Deploy 1st Service to Tomcat proper
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 00:32:46 GMT
> From: Michael Ludwig [mailto:milu71@gmx.de]
> Subject: Re: Deploy 1st Service to Tomcat proper
>
> By default, Tomcat does not include Log4J. You have to take additional
> steps in order to get it to work. Please read the following and ensure
> you've configured your installation accordingly:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/extras.html
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html

Note that the above discusses using log4j within Tomcat itself, not log4j within individual
webapps; the logging of Tomcat and the logging of webapps are separate.  If log4j is only
being used in the webapp of interest (I think that's what Tori is doing), it won't bother
Tomcat.

 - Chuck

P.S. shatner.william?  Did Tori steal the wig as well as the e-mail address?