tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Location of properties file for web app in Tomcat
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 18:20:07 GMT
> From: Flavius [mailto:flavius@silverlion.com]
> Subject: Re: Location of properties file for web app in Tomcat
>
> It seems the ContextClassLoader should know where it's running from
> on the physical path.  But I haven't figured that out yet.

As has been discussed on this list several times, the container (Tomcat) need not expose any
of the file system to the webapps other a spec-defined workspace area.  You can't even be
sure that your webapp resources will ever be in the underlying file system, even if there
is one (think embedded controller).

 - Chuck