tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat configuration with multiple services
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 15:21:24 GMT
> From: Jaakko Taipale [mailto:jaakko.taipale@dbmanager.fi]
> Subject: Tomcat configuration with multiple services

> There is two services other for http and other for https
> connections. Is this right way to do this

I've never seen anyone try that.  Can't imagine what your requirements would be that result
in having multiple <Service> elements in Tomcat.  One normally simply has two <Connector>
elements, one for HTTP, one for HTTPS:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

> Also I point users accessing by ip to directory that doesn't
> exist because I want that robots that are scanning ip addresses
> doesn't get anything as response,

Lack of a valid appBase directory will cause a 500 response, not no response, so that's pretty
much a waste of time.

 - Chuck