tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: how to uninstall apache-tomcat 5.5.16 for windows
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 05:08:59 GMT
> From: SrD Online [mailto:srdonline@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: how to uninstall apache-tomcat 5.5.16 for windows

> I tried "service.bat remove" and got this:
> The tomcat.exe was not found...
> The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly.

That's odd; you should be running it from a command prompt, with the currend directory set
to Tomcat's bin directory.  If you still get that error message, it would appear the installation
is already a bit corrupted.

> Can I just delete the apache-tomcat5.5.16 directory then?

Sounds like it.  I would double check using Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->
Services to make sure there's no Apache Tomcat service installed.

 - Chuck